Monroe Infrared is partnered with the Infrared Training Center (ITC), the largest infrared training company in the world.
The Level 1 Thermography Infrared Training Course is geared to the new infrared camera user and focuses on its use for a wide variety of condition monitoring/predictive maintenance applications. Attendees completing all course requirements and a thermography field assignment will receive their Level I Infrared Thermography Certification. The regular Level I tuition is $1,995. If you register within 30 days of a class, you save $125 off the regular tuition. If you register more than 31 days in advance of a class, you save $325 off the regular tuition! Click on a class in the Schedule to Register.
Infrared Course Benefits
- Introduction to thermal imaging and measurement systems for predictive maintenance, building inspection, HVAC and other applications. Some IR experience a plus but no experience in thermography is necessary for Level 1!
- Collect quality data, accurate temperature readings, and account for measurement effects such as distance and emissivity using infrared cameras.
- Interpret thermograms (infrared images) and make informed decisions using heat transfer concepts to analyze thermal images and see the latest in infrared inspection report generation and database support software.
- Avoid costly mistakes! Learn to distinguish between hot spots and reflections, indirect vs. direct readings and qualitative vs. quantitative thermography practices in the real world.
- Challenge yourself and learn with field application labs which closely simulate real-world IR applications and prepare you to work confidently both independently and as part of a team.
Onsite Thermography Class Option
Monroe Infrared’s niche for 28 years is to conduct onsite IR training for our clients at their facilities. Advantages include: lower cost because of no travel & lodging expenses, better opportunity for more students to attend, targeted demos for your business, and OJT for your staff in your environment.
The learning objectives, contact hours, and written exam of ITC’s Level I course are based on the requirements outlined by ANSI/ASNT CP-105 and CP-189 of the American Society for Non-Destructive Testing. As such, this course is suitable for use by your employer to certify you under ASNT’s Recommended Practice No. SNT-TC-1A provided it is consistent with your employer’s Written Practice.
Our instructor led training classes only cover basic camera operation. We highly recommend you complete one or more of the free ITC online courses for your specific FLIR Infrared camera before arriving to class as it will better prepare you.