Monroe Infrared is partnered with the Infrared Training Center (ITC), the largest infrared training company in the world. Register for ITC classes through Monroe Infrared and save money. Same classes, lower cost for you! Call us or send an email to learn more. firstname.lastname@example.org
The Level I Electrical Thermography Certification course is geared to the new infrared camera or practicing thermographers wanting focused training primarily on electrical inspection, but also covering a variety of condition monitoring / predictive maintenance applications. Course focuses on commercial electrical systems from the building service through switchgear, bus ducts, motor control centers, electrical distribution panels, and breakers. Marketing and selling your infrared inspection services is also covered. Attendees who complete all training course requirements and a thermography field assignment will receive a Level I Infrared thermography certification.
- Introduction to thermal imaging and measurement systems for predictive maintenance applications. No experience in thermography is necessary!
- Acquire good electrical inspection safety procedures.
- Study indoor and outdoor electrical equipment inspection methods.
- Recognize the typical thermal patterns associated with electrical faults.
- Collect quality data, and account for effects such as distance and emissivity using infrared cameras.
- Interpret thermograms and make informed decisions using heat transfer concepts to analyze images.
- Review severity criteria used for electrical inspections.
- Learn how to report your findings with infrared analysis and IR reporting software.
- Avoid costly mistakes – learn to distinguish between hot spots and reflections, direct vs. indirect readings and qualitative vs. quantitative thermography.
- Challenge yourself with field applications labs that closely simulate real-world infrared applications.
The learning objectives, contact hours, and written exam of ITC’s Level I course are based on the requirements outlined by ANSI/ASNT CP-105 and CP-189 of the American Society for Non-Destructive Testing. As such, this course is suitable for use by your employer to certify you under ASNT’s Recommended Practice No. SNT-TC-1A provided it is consistent with your employer’s Written Practice.
Our instructor led training classes only cover basic camera operation. We highly recommend you take one of the free ITC online courses for your specific FLIR camera before coming to class.
09/12/2017 – 09/15/2017 Phoenix (Crowne Plaza Phoenix Airport)
09/26/2017 – 09/29/2017 Boston Regional Training Center (ITC) Register two, get 50% off second registration at this location
12/05/2017 – 12/08/2017 Nashville, TN
01/09/20180 – 1/12/2018 King of Prussia, PA
01/30/2018 – 02/02/2018 Seattle, WA
02/20/2018 – 02/23/2018 Minneapolis, MN
03/06/2018 – 03/09/2018 Phoenix, AZ
03/20/2018 – 03/23/2018 Atlanta, GA