InterNACHI Certified Residential Thermographer (CRT) Infrared Training!
InterNACHI members learn & earn! Infrared is a Powerful and Profitable Value Add to your business
The Certified Residential Thermographer (CRT) class is geared to the new infrared camera user and camera owner. The course focuses on thermal imager use for Home and Building Inspection Professionals. Attendees successfully completing all training requirements and a course examination earn 16 hours of continuing education and receive InterNACHI’s confirmation to be recognized as a Certified Residential Thermographer. Once earned your CRT certification distinguishes you and differentiates your company. You are entitled to display and advertise the CRT logo in marketing materials, websites, on vehicles, laptops and tablets as well as proudly displayed on uniform shirts and jackets.
“Monroe Infrared’s Certified Residential Thermographer (CRT) training course provided me the tools and knowledge to confidently add infrared to my home inspection business. Since completing the course I paid for my FLIR infrared camera in less than a year from the additional business. The CRT is the perfect jumping off point for a Home Inspector that wants to add IR to their business but cannot afford the week of time and large expense of a Level I course to get it started. Christopher Casey and his team are a great asset and I encourage anyone to use it.” Willy Stambaugh, CMI, CPI, CRT
InterNACHI members complete the course with a much stronger understanding of thermal imaging capabilities and residential applications as well as the confidence and competence to immediately put that knowledge to use. Customers are getting smarter and expecting Home Inspectors to utilize ALL the tools available to provide them the best information and evaluation possible. Not being able to see with your eyes what the infrared camera can show you is no longer acceptable! Infrared is a powerful tool that helps you find today what could be a much bigger issue tomorrow.
2017 Class Schedule
Apr 12-13 Tacoma WA (confirmed)
Apr 18-19 Levittown, Long Island, NY
Apr 20-21 Robbinsville NJ
May 01-02 Columbus, OH (recently added)
May 11-12 Rockville, MD (recently added)
May 16-17 Dallas TX
Jun 08-09 Safety Harbor, FL
Jul 11-12 Houston TX
Jul 13-14 Charlotte, NC (recently added)
Sep 25-26 Las Vegas, NV (recently added)
Oct 11-12 Niagara, NY (recently added)
Additional class dates for 2017 coming soon
Want a class closer to you? Your InterNACHI chapter can schedule a CRT class. Get at least 10 members together and a location, we’ll come to you! Over 20 in a class and we’ll save everyone $50 on their tuition, over 30 and we’ll save everyone $100!
“Thanks again for a great class. While I’m debating going for Level 1 Thermographer status, I can’t imagine walking away from that week-long course with any more useful and practical knowledge of what I do everyday than I have with your Certified Residential Thermographer Course. What is especially great about your class (and rare in the course-teaching industry) is the personal attention you pay to your students. Thank You! ” James J. Funkhouser, Past President, The Examination Board Of Professional Home Inspectors and Past President Northern Virginia ASHI Chapter
Infrared Course Benefits
- Introduction to thermal imaging and measurement systems for predictive inspection and maintenance applications. No experience in thermography is necessary!
- Collect quality data, accurate temperature readings, and account for measurement effects such as distance and emissivity using infrared cameras.
- Interpret thermograms and make informed decisions using heat transfer concepts to analyze thermal images, and see the latest in infrared inspection report generation and database software.
- Avoid costly mistakes – learn to distinguish between hot spots and reflections, direct vs. indirect readings, moisture vs. air infiltration/exfiltration, and many more.
- Challenge yourself and learn during hands on IR Camera Applications Labs that simulate real-world home & building inspection infrared applications.
“After completing Monroe Infrared’s CRT class, I highly recommend this training. I know not everyone is on board with this new technology, but I’m telling you what, this is the future. Our instructor Bill Fabian said in class ‘This is a visual inspection, which you guys do everyday, it’s just in a different wavelength.’ It really drove home the fact that our industry needs the use of this technology to stay relevant moving forward. I have no doubt there will come a day when thermography cameras are just another tool in the inspector’s bag. Everyone will have one.” Sean Troxell, JD Grewell & Associates
Classes normally run from 8am to 5pm. We send out specifics of where each class will be held to registered students 3-4 weeks in advance of training. If a minimum of 10 students are not registered 3 weeks prior to training that particular class may be cancelled and rescheduled. When registering be sure to identify which class you are planning to attend. We will follow up to confirm your registration, provide a copy of your paid invoice and give you more details about where class will be held.
“The 2-day Certified Thermographer Course you presented was excellent. I learned more in your 2 days course about how to use my FLIR E40bx and understand the information provided with the camera in your course than I had learned in a 4-day Level I Thermographer Certification course and another 2-day IR class. Any home inspector who wants to understand how to use infrared in their business should definitely take the MIT Certified Residential Thermographer Course. Money well invested. Highly recommended!” Bob Matthews Home Inspections, Inc.
Renew Your CRT Certification or move up to ANST Level I?
The CRT certification is in effect for 3 years from the date you complete the course. You can renew your CRT certification through any of the following paths:
- Attend a 1-day recertification refresher class and pass the current CRT final exam – cost is $195
- Attend a complete 2-day CRT class to revisit and recertify – cost is $295
- Register and successfully complete all requirements of a hands-on Level I ASNT Thermography Certification Class. This renews your CRT to coincide with the 5-year term your Level I Certification is in effect – cost is discounted $320 for CRT graduates off current class cost of $1995 or attend a regional Level I class taught specifically for home inspectors and save $500
- Register and complete all requirements of a hands-on Level II ASNT Thermography Certification Class. This renews both your Certified Residential Thermography (CRT) and Level I Thermography Certifications to coincide with the 5-year term your Level II certification is in effect – cost is again discounted $320 for CRT graduates off current class cost of $1995 or attend a regional Level I class taught specifically for home inspectors and save $500
“This was one of the most interesting and practical training courses I’ve taken in years. I left the course very comfortable with the camera I purchased. Our instructor, Bill Fabian, was very good at explaining the capabilities and the limitations of thermography using very practical examples, demonstrations, and most of all, actual hands-on practice. Several of the students in the class that had previously obtained their level 1 certification told me that this class taught them twice as much in half the time!” Stan Jackson, BestInspect, LLC
The learning objectives, contact hours, and written exam of Monroe Infrared’s CRT Thermography Certification course are based on the requirements utilized to satisfy the Standards of Practice for Home Inspector Professionals throughout the United States. As such, this course is suitable for use by your employer to recognize you and market both your knowledge and the company’s inspection services as complying with the written standards of practice and knowledge requirements for a certified residential thermographer. The CRT class is not an ASNT NDT Level I Thermography course. All rights reserved.
CALL with any questions and to Register for an upcoming class: 800-221-0163
We are infrared professionals and can answer all your question about what infrared camera and related equipment makes the most sense for your business. We will save you money on your IR camera purchase, give us the opportunity to explain what it is that you don’t know you don’t know yet about infrared.
- Detail Name 1: