Infrared Training - Level 1 Thermography Certification
Geared to the new infrared camera user and camera owner, this course focuses on thermal imager use for a variety of building performance, condition monitoring, and predictive maintenance applications. Attendees completing all training course requirements and a thermography field assignment will receive a Level I Infrared Thermography Certification.
Infrared Course Benefits
- Introduction to thermal imaging and measurement systems for predictive maintenance applications. No experience in thermography is necessary!
- Collect quality data, accurate temperature readings, and account for measurement effects such as distance and emissivity using infrared cameras.
- Interpret thermograms and make informed decisions using heat transfer concepts to analyze thermal images, and see the latest in infrared inspection report generation and database software.
- Avoid costly mistakes – learn to distinguish between hot spots and reflections, direct vs. indirect readings and qualitative vs. quantitative thermography.
- Challenge yourself with field applications labs that closely simulate real-world infrared applications.
The learning objectives, contact hours, and written exam of ITC’s Level I course are based on the requirements outlined by ANSI/ASNT CP-105 and CP-189 of the American Society for Non-Destructive Testing. As such, this course is suitable for use by your employer to certify you under ASNT’s Recommended Practice No. SNT-TC-1A provided it is consistent with your employer’s Written Practice.
Our instructor led training classes only cover basic camera operation. We highly recommend you take one of the ITC’s on-line web courses for your specific FLIR camera before coming to class.
Please note on-line training may not be available for some camera models. If an on-line course is not offered for your camera type please refer to your user’s manual. Prior camera setup and operator training is not required to attend Level I, but it is highly recommended to get the most benefit from the course.