“Thanks again for a great class. While I’m debating going for Level 1 Thermographer status, I can’t imagine walking away from that week-long course with any more useful and practical knowledge of what I do everyday than I have with your Certified Residential Thermographer Course. What is especially great about your class (and rare in the course-teaching industry) is the personal attention you pay to your students. Thank You! ” —James J. Funkhouser, Past President, The Examination Board Of Professional Home Inspectors and Past President The Northern Virginia ASHI Chapter
Residential Inspector Infrared Course Benefits (view course outline)
- Introduction to thermal imaging and measurement systems for predictive inspection and maintenance applications. No experience in infrared (thermography) is necessary!
- Collect quality data, accurate temperature readings, and account for measurement effects such as distance and emissivity using infrared cameras.
- Interpret thermograms and make informed decisions using heat transfer concepts to analyze thermal images, and see the latest in infrared inspection report generation and database software.
- Avoid costly mistakes – learn to distinguish between hot spots and reflections, direct vs. indirect readings, moisture vs. air infiltration/exfiltration, and many more.
- Challenge yourself and learn during hands on IR Camera Applications Labs that simulate real-world home & building inspection infrared applications.
Certification The learning objectives, contact hours, and written exam of Monroe Infrared’s CRT Thermography Certification course are based on the requirements utilized to satisfy the Standards of Practice for ASHI, InterNACHI, TAREI, CREIA, FABI, TPREIA, MAHI and Home Inspector Professionals throughout the United States. As such, this course is suitable for use by your employer to recognize you and market both your knowledge and the company’s inspection services as complying with the written standards of practice and knowledge requirements for a Certified Residential Thermographer. This class is not an ASNT NDT Level I Thermography course.
Time to Renew Your CRT Certification? The CRT certification is in effect for 3 years from the date you complete the course and pass the final exam. You can renew your CRT certification through any of the following paths:
- Attend a 1-day re-certification refresher class and pass the current CRT final exam – cost is $195
- Attend a complete the 2-day CRT class to revisit and re-certify – cost is $295
- Register and successfully complete all requirements of a hands-on attending Level 1 class. This renews your CRT certification to coincide with the 5-year term your Level 1 is in effect – CRT graduates receive $300 discount off current $1995 registration cost
- Register and complete all requirements of a hands-on attending Level 2 class. This renews your CRT to coincide with the 5-year term your Level 2 certification is in effect – cost is again discounted $300 for CRT graduates off current cost of $1995
CRT graduates needing to Re-Certify, please call 800-221-0163 to register for a class.
“This was one of the most interesting and practical training courses I’ve taken in years. I left the course very comfortable with the camera I purchased. Our instructor, Bill Fabian, was very good at explaining the capabilities and the limitations of thermography using very practical examples, demonstrations, and most of all, actual hands-on practice. Several of the students in the class that had previously obtained their level 1 certification told me that this class taught them twice as much in half the time!” —Stan Jackson, BestInspect, LLC
Please call us with any questions and to Register for an upcoming class at 800-221-0163 or click on the CRT Schedule to get more specifics and register online. If a minimum of 10 students are not registered 3 weeks prior to class, that particular class may be rescheduled.
CANCELLATION POLICY: All course fees must be paid prior to the beginning of class. Please notify Monroe Infrared if you are unable to attend a course for which you are registered. Students can change their registration to another Monroe Infrared class of equal or greater value or receive a refund without penalty up to 5 business days before the course begins, but with fewer than 5 business days notice are subject to a 25% change fee. Monroe Infrared cannot honor change requests received after the start of class. Should Monroe Infrared postpone a course due to instructor illness, weather or for any other reason, all registrants will be notified as early as possible. Monroe Infrared’s liability will be limited to rescheduling of the class in a reasonable time or the return of the registration fee. Registrants are advised not to purchase non-refundable or non-changeable airline tickets or hotel accommodations as Monroe Infrared will not be responsible for payment of rescheduling/cancellation charges due to class changes.