Thermography Certification, better known as Infrared Certification Training is useful before you purchase an IR camera as well as if you own an IR camera but are not using it to its fullest potential. Our CRT class is approved in many states for Continuing Education credits. Call or email us today to learn more about the CRT course or click on the CRT Schedule to register for a specific class now. Additional classes and locations around the country will be added for Q1 2018. If you would like to see a class near you help build a class with your chapter, we work with groups and multi-inspector firms to bring training right to you all over the country. Geared to the new infrared camera owner and user, the course focuses on thermal imager use for Home & Building Inspectors. Attendees successfully completing all training course requirements including a course examination can receive confirmation as a Certified Residential Thermographer from one of the recognizing home inspector associations. Recognized by ASHI, InterNACHI, CREIA, TAREI, MAHI, KREIA, FABI, GAHI, SEHI
“Thanks again for a great class. While I’m debating going for Level 1 Thermographer status, I can’t imagine walking away from that week-long course with any more useful and practical knowledge of what I do everyday than I have with your Certified Residential Thermographer Course. What is especially great about your class (and rare in the course-teaching industry) is the personal attention you pay to your students. Thank You! ” —James J. Funkhouser, Past President, The Examination Board Of Professional Home Inspectors and Past President The Northern Virginia ASHI Chapter
Residential Inspector Infrared Course Benefits (view course outline)
- Introduction to thermal imaging and measurement systems for predictive inspection and maintenance applications. No experience in thermography is necessary!
- Collect quality data, accurate temperature readings, and account for measurement effects such as distance and emissivity using infrared cameras.
- Interpret thermograms and make informed decisions using heat transfer concepts to analyze thermal images, and see the latest in infrared inspection report generation and database software.
- Avoid costly mistakes – learn to distinguish between hot spots and reflections, direct vs. indirect readings, moisture vs. air infiltration/exfiltration, and many more.
- Challenge yourself and learn during hands on IR Camera Applications Labs that simulate real-world home & building inspection infrared applications.
Certification The learning objectives, contact hours, and written exam of Monroe Infrared’s CRT Thermography Certification course are based on the requirements utilized to satisfy the Standards of Practice for ASHI, InterNACHI, TAREI, CREIA, FABI and Home Inspector Professionals throughout the United States. As such, this course is suitable for use by your employer to recognize you and market both your knowledge and the company’s inspection services as complying with the written standards of practice and knowledge requirements for a Certified Residential Thermographer. This class is not an ASNT NDT Level I Thermography course. Time to Renew Your Certification? The CRT certification is in effect for 3 years from the date you complete the course and pass the final exam. You can renew your CRT certification through any of the following paths:
- Attend a 1-day re-certification refresher class and pass the current CRT final exam – cost is $195
- Attend a complete 2-day CRT class to revisit and recertify – cost is $295
- Register and successfully complete all requirements of a hands on Level I class. This renews your CRT to coincide with the 5-year term your Level I is in effect – cost is discounted $300 for CRT graduates off current class cost of $1995
- Register and complete all requirements of a hands on Level II class. This renews your CRT to coincide with the 5-year term your Level II certification is in effect – cost is again discounted $300 for CRT graduates off current class cost of $1995
CRT graduates needing to Re-Certify, please call 800-221-0163 to register for a class.
“This was one of the most interesting and practical training courses I’ve taken in years. I left the course very comfortable with the camera I purchased. Our instructor, Bill Fabian, was very good at explaining the capabilities and the limitations of thermography using very practical examples, demonstrations, and most of all, actual hands-on practice. Several of the students in the class that had previously obtained their level 1 certification told me that this class taught them twice as much in half the time!” —Stan Jackson, BestInspect, LLC
Please call us with any questions and/or to Register for an upcoming class at 800-221-0163 or click on the CRT Schedule to get more specifics and/or to register on-line. If a minimum of 10 students are not registered 3 weeks prior to training that particular class may be rescheduled or canceled.