**ITC Optical Gas Imaging – Virtual Classroom
October 31 @ 9:30 am - November 2 @ 6:00 pm$1,865.00 – $2,075.00
Optical Gas Imaging Certification Training
Students will learn how to set up and operate FLIR optical gas imaging cameras. They will learn how to optimally adjust their cameras for varying environmental conditions to find gas leaks. Students will learn under what environmental conditions gas leaks are most easily found, somewhat easy to find, and difficult to find.
This class will teach students which gases can be found with FLIR optical gas imaging cameras and leak size limitations. Some basic infrared theory and heat transfer concepts will be introduced to build a strong foundation.
Lab and/or field practice in finding leaks is a key part of this class. Students will learn by doing and by observing numerous videos of leaks and what to look for including thermal contrast, gas plume motion, distance limitations, etc. Basic inspection procedures will be covered including equipment checkout, route planning, permitting requirements, safety practices/equipment and reporting concepts.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will receive a training certification for optical gas imaging camera usage
- Explain the regulatory framework for optical gas imaging
- Describe the OGI certification process
- Demonstrate proper operation of a FLIR GasFindIR HSX or FLIR GF-Series infrared camera
- Explain the basics of thermal science
- State where the mid-wave and long-wave infrared energy bands fit into the electromagnetic spectrum.
- Explain how optical gas imaging is a combination of art, science, technique and interpretive skills; list the basic safety practices for doing an OGI inspection
- Understand some common applications and how to interpret thermal anomalies
- List the basic safety practices of doing an OGI inspection
The registration fee includes course instruction & course materials. The regular tuition is $2,200. Monroe Infrared offers a $335 discount (net $1,865) if you register for a class 31 days or more in advance of the class starting date and a $125 discount (net $2,075) if you register for a class 30 days or less in advance of the class start date.
Required Course Materials
• IR Camera– Students will be required to complete various labs & exercises throughout the duration of the course.
• Laptop– Certification Examinations will be administered electronically. Tablets are also acceptable.
• IR Reporting Software- Please have software installed prior to class. Software can be used to assist with many of the camera lab exercises
• Accessories-Extra Batteries, charger cords, etc.
Please bring an IR camera to class if you have one. Cameras are not provided during the training course. If you do not have access to a camera you can rent one through FLIR by calling 866-477-3687 ext. 1. If you are attending the course with a colleague or friend, you may share a camera however we recommend no more than three students per IR camera.
Upon successful completion of the course, including passing a closed-book written exam and an in-class practical exam, students will receive an ITC training certification for Optical Gas Imaging I.
The certification is valid for 4 years and worth 24 ITC renewal credits.
If Attending Virtual Training
Day 1-3 9:30AM – 6PM EST