- This event has passed.
ITC Optical Gas Imaging Certification Training, Denver, CO
August 31 - September 2$1670.00
Students will learn how to set up and operate FLIR optical gas imaging cameras. They will learn how to optimally adjust their cameras for varying environmental conditions to find gas leaks. Students will learn under what environmental conditions gas leaks are most easily found, somewhat easy to find, and difficult to find.
This class will teach students which gases can be found with FLIR optical gas imaging cameras and leak size limitations. Some basic infrared theory and heat transfer concepts will be introduced to build a strong foundation.
Lab and/or field practice in finding leaks is a key part of this class. Students will learn by doing and by observing numerous videos of leaks and what to look for including thermal contrast, gas plume motion, distance limitations, etc. Basic inspection procedures will be covered including equipment checkout, route planning, permitting requirements, safety practices/equipment and reporting concepts.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will receive a training certification for optical gas imaging camera usage
- Explain the regulatory framework for optical gas imaging
- Describe the OGI certification process
- Demonstrate proper operation of a FLIR GasFindIR HSX or FLIR GF-Series infrared camera
- Explain the basics of thermal science
- Explain how optical gas imaging is a combination of art, science, technique and interpretive skills
- List the basic safety practices for doing an OGI inspection
A registration fee of $1995 USD includes course instruction, course materials and lunch each day. Please note that prices may vary for courses conducted outside the continental U.S.; please confirm your price with your local ITC course agent.