Virtual – Level I Electrical Certification
January 9, 2024 - January 12, 2024$1,865.00 – $2,075.00
The Electrical Level I Thermography Certification training course is geared to the new infrared camera or practicing thermographers wanting focused training primarily on electrical inspection, but also covering a variety of condition monitoring / predictive maintenance applications. Course focuses on commercial electrical systems from the building service through switchgear, bus ducts, motor control centers, electrical distribution panels, and breakers.
This is the same course, taught by the same expert thermography instructors, as in-person Level 1 Electrical courses, but available from your home or office.
Training Course Benefits
- Introduction to thermal imaging and measurement systems for predictive maintenance applications. No experience in thermography is necessary!
- Acquire good electrical inspection safety procedures.
- Recognize the typical thermal patterns associated with electrical faults. Visit our image gallery.
- Collect quality data, and account for effects such as distance and emissivity using infrared cameras.
- Interpret thermal images and make informed decisions by applying heat transfer and measurement concepts
learned in class
- Review severity criteria used for electrical inspections.
- Discuss the use of infrared windows, their placement and installation, and how to properly compensate for
transmission loss using the cameras and software.
- Discuss the application of thermal imaging for inspecting and diagnosing indoor and outdoor electrical equipment:
conductors, cables, motors, bearings, solar panels, outdoor utilities, and other electrical equipment
- Learn how to report your findings with infrared analysis and IR reporting software.
- Avoid costly mistakes – learn to distinguish between hot spots and reflections, direct vs. indirect readings and qualitative vs. quantitative thermography.
- Challenge yourself with field applications labs that closely simulate real-world infrared applications.
The registration fee includes course instruction & course materials. The regular tuition is $2,200. Monroe Infrared offers a $335 discount (net $1,865) if you register for a class 31 days or more in advance of the class starting date and a $125 discount (net $2,075) if you register for a class 30 days or less in advance of the class start date.
Required Course Materials
- IR Camera– Students will be required to complete various labs & exercises throughout the duration of the course.
- Laptop– Certification Examinations will be administered electronically. Tablets are also acceptable.
- Accessories-Extra Batteries, charger cords, etc.
- IR Reporting Software- Please have software installed prior to class. Software can be used to assist with many of the camera lab exercises.
Please bring an IR camera to class if you have one. Cameras are not provided during the training course. If you do not have access to a camera you can rent one through Monroe Infrared by calling 800.221.0163. If you are attending the course with a colleague or friend, you may share a camera however we recommend no more than three students per IR camera.
Students who complete all training course requirements receive a Level I Electrical Infrared Thermography Certification.
Learning objectives, contact hours, and written exam are based on requirements outlined by ANSI/ASNT CP-105 and CP-189 of the American Society for Non-Destructive Testing.
- Continuing Education Credits: ITC: 24 CEU’s
- This course is eligible for 16 NETA Continuing Technical Development Credits (CTDs).
ONE TICKET BELOW EQUALS ONE STUDENT REGISTRATION
If Attending Virtual Classroom
9:30AM – 6PM ET