ITC Level I Electrical Thermography Certification, Houston, TX
January 24, 2023 - January 27, 2023$1,875.00 – $2,075.00
The Electrical Level I Thermography Certification training course is geared to the new infrared camera or practicing thermographers wanting focused training primarily on electrical inspection, but also covering a variety of condition monitoring / predictive maintenance applications. Course focuses on commercial electrical systems from the building service through switchgear, bus ducts, motor control centers, electrical distribution panels, and breakers.
- Introduction to thermal imaging and measurement systems for predictive maintenance applications. No experience in thermography is necessary!
- Acquire good electrical inspection safety procedures.
- Study indoor and outdoor electrical equipment inspection methods.
- Recognize the typical thermal patterns associated with electrical faults. Visit our image gallery.
- Collect quality data, and account for effects such as distance and emissivity using infrared cameras.
- Interpret thermograms and make informed decisions using heat transfer concepts to analyze images.
- Review severity criteria used for electrical inspections.
- Learn how to report your findings with infrared analysis and IR reporting software.
- Avoid costly mistakes – learn to distinguish between hot spots and reflections, direct vs. indirect readings and qualitative vs. quantitative thermography.
- Challenge yourself with field applications labs that closely simulate real-world infrared applications.
The registration fee includes course instruction & course materials. The regular tuition is $2,200. Monroe Infrared offers a $325 discount (net $1,875) if you register for a class 31 days or more in advance of the class starting date and a $125 discount (net $2,025) if you register for a class 30 days or less in advance of the class start date.
Required Course Materials
- IR Camera– Students will be required to complete various labs & exercises throughout the duration of the course.
- Laptop– Certification Examinations will be administered electronically. Tablets are also acceptable.
- Accessories-Extra Batteries, charger cords, etc.
- IR Reporting Software- Please have software installed prior to class. Software can be used to assist with many of the camera lab exercises.
Please bring an IR camera to class if you have one. Cameras are not provided during the training course. If you do not have access to a camera you can rent one through Monroe Infrared by calling 800.221.0163. If you are attending the course with a colleague or friend, you may share a camera however we recommend no more than three students per IR camera.
Learning objectives, contact hours, and written exam are based on requirements outlined by ANSI/ASNT CP-105 and CP-189 of the American Society for Non-Destructive Testing.